The end of the regular season of high school football this Friday means playoff scenarios are the dominant Week 10 storylines.
While Andrew Jackson Academy is the sole T&D Region team to have secured home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, others need victories this week to either improve or ensure their respective standings.
- Bamberg-Ehrhardt can clinch a share of the Region 5-2A title with a win over undefeated and 2nd-ranked Barnwell. A victory by the Red Raiders and Woodland could create a 3-way tie for 1st place.
- Branchville can clinch 2nd place out of Region 5-A and a school record for wins (8) with a win over Bethune-Bowman. A win and a C.E. Murray loss to Scott’s Branch would earn the Yellow Jackets a share of their first-ever region title.
- Edisto needs a victory over Swansea to clinch 3rd place in Region 5-3A. A loss would drop the Cougars to 4th place. The contest is at Swansea, where Edisto is 1-12 all-time.
- Orangeburg-Wilkinson needs a win at Region 4-4A champion Lower Richland to assure itself a chance at 3rd place in the region. The Bruins can finish in 3rd place or possibly in a 3-way tie for 4th place with Crestwood and Lakewood.
- Orangeburg Prep can clinch 2nd place in Region 2-2A with a win Friday over Northwood Academy. A win and a loss by Hilton Head Christian Academy to Hilton Head Prep would create a 3-way tie for 1st place between the 3 teams.
- The winner of Friday’s contest between Calhoun Academy and Jefferson Davis Academy will have a shot at securing the final playoff spot out of SCISA 8-man Region II.
TEAM OF THE WEEK - Holly Hill Academy
The Raiders clinched their first winning season since 2016 with a 56-20 win over Northside Christian. They could potentially finish in a tie for 2nd place with a win over undefeated AJA and a loss by St. John’s Christian Academy to winless Cathedral Academy.
WEEK 9 GRIDIRON GIANTS
Jonathan Schaffer (Andrew Jackson Academy) - 113 yards, TD; 8 tackles
Seth Tyson (Calhoun Academy) - 224 total yards, 4 TDs (2 passing, 2 rushing)
Michael Brunson (Calhoun County) - 7 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 pass breakups, 4 PAT kicks
You have free articles remaining.
Kylic Horton (Clarendon Hall) - 298 total yards, 5 TDs (4 rushing, 1 passing); 6 tackles, INT return TD
Jalen Green (Edisto) - 95-yard kickoff return TD
Xavier Govan (Edisto) - 11 tackles
J.J. Nimmons (Edisto) - 120 total yards
Zach Pelloni (Holly Hill Academy) - 117 rushing yards, 4 TDs; 11 tackles
Marlon Breland (Holly Hill Academy) - 177 total yards, 2 TDs; 10 tackles
Harley Watkins and Carter Judy (Holly Hill Academy) - 10 tackles each
Tyler Wright and Perrin Breland (Holly Hill Academy) - 14 tackles each
Amir Tyler (Orangeburg Prep) - 3 TDs
Edisto placekicker Bailey Files was named the Palmetto Champions Class 2A Specialist by the S.C. Football Coaches Association. He will receive the award during the Dec. 5 All-Star Football Banquet at Seawell’s Restaurant in Columbia, where Files will be among the finalists for the overall Specialist award.
S.C. PREP FOOTBALL MEDIA POLL
CLASS 2A - 1. Abbeville (12) 2. Barnwell 3. Southside Christian 4. Oceanside Collegiate 5. Andrew Jackson 6. Timberland 7. Saluda 8. Bamberg-Ehrhardt 9. Gray Collegiate, 10. Andrews.
Class A - 1. Wagener-Salley (8) 2. Green Sea Floyds (4) 3. Lamar 4. Blackville-Hilda 5. C.E. Murray 6. Branchville 7. Lake View 8. Hunter-Kinard-Tyler 9. Whitmire 10. Ridge Spring–Monetta.
SCISA 2A - 1. Trinity-Byrnes (6) 2. Robert E. Lee T3. Hilton Head Christian T3. Florence Christian 5. Orangeburg Prep.
SCISA 8-man - 1. Andrew Jackson Academy (5) 2. St. John’s Christian 3. Wardlaw Academy 4. Clarendon Hall 5. Richard Winn Academy.