The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl announces seven finalists for the South Carolina Mr. Football award.
On Oct. 9, the South Carolina Athletic Coaches Association selected the finalists for the 2019 Mr. Football award. All seven players will be recognized during halftime of the Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 14, at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium in Myrtle Beach, followed by the introduction of this year’s award recipient.
Finalists for the 2019 Mr. Football award are:
- Noah Bell, Saluda High School, undecided
- Mikele Colasurdo, Chapman High School, committed to Georgia State
- Luke Doty, Myrtle Beach High School, committed to the University of South Carolina
- Rahjai Harris, Byrnes High School, committed to East Carolina University
You have free articles remaining.
- Jalin Hyatt, Dutch Fork High School, committed to the University of Tennessee
- Duane Martin, Laurens District 55 High School, committed to the University of Louisville
- Tyler Venables, Daniel High School, committed to Clemson University
The S.C. Athletic Coaches Association established the Mr. Football award in 1995. Seven former recipients have played or are currently playing in the National Football League.
“We want to thank our committee who came in to choose our Mr. Football candidates,” said Shell Dula, executive director of the S.C. Athletic Coaches Association. “We feel that the finalists are not only outstanding football players but also outstanding young men. They certainly represent the state of South Carolina in a very positive way.”
The 2019 Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl will be played at noon Dec. 14 at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium in Myrtle Beach. Players chosen to compete in this year’s contest will be announced on Oct. 21. Tickets can be purchased at www.TouchstoneEnergyBowl.com.
Zacch Pickens of T.L. Hanna was the 2018 S.C. Mr. Football.