It's coming down to the wire, and it looks like it'll be one of three Florida bowl games.
With the regular season wrapped up and conference championships starting this week, the Gamecocks are now forced to sit and wait to see where they'll play this holiday season.
The Gamecocks have essentially clinched a spot in one of the SEC's three Florida bowl games: Citrus, Outback or TaxSlayer.
With at least one, potentially two SEC teams, going to the College Football Playoff, there will likely be three teams in the New Year's Six Bowls: Auburn, Georgia and Alabama.
That leaves three eight- or nine-win teams competing for those three other New Year's bowl games: LSU (9-3, 6-2 SEC), South Carolina (8-4, 5-3 SEC) and Mississippi State (8-4, 4-4 SEC).
After the six bowls affiliated with the CFP are done selecting teams, the Citrus Bowl has the next pick of bowl-eligible SEC teams. Since LSU played in the game last year, it's looking like the Tigers will be heading elsewhere for a bowl game.
That would leave South Carolina, winners of five of its last seven, or Mississippi State coming off a loss to Ole Miss without quarterback Nick Fitzgerald, to fill that spot.
After the Citrus Bowl is decided, the conference and the next six bowls, which include the Outback and TaxSlayer, will assign teams to each game.
Here are the latest national media projections for South Carolina:
- Bleacher Report: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State (Monday, Jan. 1)
- CBS: Citrus Bowl vs. Northwestern (Monday, Jan. 1)
- College Football News: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan (Monday, Jan. 1)
- College Football Talk: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan (Monday, Jan. 1)
- ESPN: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Virginia Tech (Saturday, Dec. 30)
- SB Nation: Citrus Bowl vs. Notre Dame (Monday, Jan. 1)
- Sports Illustrated: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan (Monday, Jan. 1)
- Sporting News: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State (Monday, Jan. 1)
- Saturday Down South: Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern (Monday, Jan. 1)