The University of South Carolina's College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management is looking for one lucky couple to receive a free wedding this fall.
Students in South Carolina's wedding planning class gain hands-on experience in event management by planning and implementing a free wedding for one lucky couple.
From rings to dresses and tuxes to rehearsal, reception and honeymoon, the engaged love birds need not spend a dime. In exchange, the couple turns over all decision-making for the wedding to the students. The couple is invited to attend classes and their wishes are taken into account, but the student event planners make all the calls.
The free wedding is possible only thanks to the generosity of local businesses, who donate everything needed. Part of the students’ responsibility is seeking out those donations as they work, under the professor's direction, to plan every detail.
The fall 2019 ceremony will be the 40th UofSC Love Story Wedding. The class is part of the hospitality management degree program at South Carolina.
To apply, send your love story in the form of a 500-word essay or 3-minute video to email@example.com. Please include your name, fiancé's name, city of residence and why you and your soon-to-be spouse deserve a love story wedding. For video entries, please email a link (YouTube or other) to your video entry. Please read all eligibility requirements and judging criteria before entering.
You have free articles remaining.
The deadline to apply is August 26.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be engaged to be married at the time of application
- Must be a legal resident of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina employees and their fiancés are not eligible
- Must be willing to allow the student planners to make all wedding-related decisions, including the date and venue
Students in the wedding planning class will pick the winner and two runners up. The runners up may be called upon should the first place winner not be able to participate in the wedding. The students will evaluate the entries based on:
- Quality and emotional impact of the love story essay or video
- Demonstration of need for a free wedding
- The couples tie to or love for the University of South Carolina
Please visit https://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/hrsm/for_the_community/love_story_wedding/index.php for more information and full eligibility and judging criteria.