The Regional Medical Center will remain open and fully staffed 24/7. For the safety of patients and staff, the following practices and departments will be closed Monday, Sept. 11:
• All RMC Primary Care practices located in Orangeburg, St. Mathews, Holly Hill, North, Branchville, Bamberg and Denmark. Appointments will be rescheduled.
• All specialty care practices, including Orangeburg Surgical Associates, Palmetto Surgical Group, South Carolina Orthpaedic Institute, RMC Internal Medicine, RMC Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, RMC Obstetrics & Gynecology and all three RMC Cardiology practices.
• The Mabry Center for Cancer Care.
• RMC Urgent Care in Bamberg and RMC Urgent Care Santee will have a delayed opening at 1 p.m., weather permitting.
• RMC Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation will be open, but patients are cautioned to use good judgment about traveling if weather is bad. The Department of Cardiology at RMC will be open for EKGs and echocardiograms on Monday, but stress tests will be rescheduled.
Currently, plans are to reopen all practices and departments for business as usual on Tuesday, Sept. 12. Plans call for expanding office hours for primary care and specialty care practices to ensure that patients get the care they need.
Future updates will be posted on RMC’s Facebook page, RMC’s website at trmchealth.org, and on RMC’s Hurricane Irma Information Telephone Line at 803-395-4111.