Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Report: Orangeburg child burned in cooking accident
breaking editor's pick top story

Report: Orangeburg child burned in cooking accident

{{featured_button_text}}
Home Fire Illustration

A Clay Street home caught fire Tuesday afternoon as a child was trying to cook, according to an Orangeburg Department of Public Safety fire report.

The child is undergoing treatment for burns.

The fire started on the surface of the stove with grease and then spread to nearby kitchen furnishings, the report states.

When firefighters arrived, they noticed heavy smoke and fire in the kitchen and living area of the home.

Support Local Journalism

Your membership makes our reporting possible.
{{featured_button_text}}

After extinguishing the fire, crews removed furniture and burned objects from the home.

Firefighters also reached out to the American Red Cross and connected them with the homeowner.

About 25 to 49 percent of the single-story, 1,100-square-foot home suffered significant damage, the report said.

The cause of the fire was unintentional, the report said.

Contact the writer: mbrown@timesanddemocrat.com or 803-533-5545. Follow on Twitter: @MRBrownTandD

0
0
0
11
2

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News