The American Red Cross is helping six Orangeburg families whose homes were damaged in last week’s storms.
Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are helping:
• Two adults whose Whippoorwill Road home was damaged by a storm.
• One adult whose Nance Street home was damaged by a storm.
• Three adults whose Landing Way home was damaged by a fire caused by lighting.
• Three adults whose Alether Street home was damaged by a storm.
• Four adults and one child whose Belleville Road home was damaged by a storm.
• Three adults and on child whose Bochette Boulevard home was damaged by a storm.
The Red Cross provides financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, plus comfort kids containing personal hygiene items. Families may have required varying levels of assistance.
People wanting to assist can donate by visiting redcross.org or calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.