Voters will decide today who will represent Orangeburg City Council districts 2, 4 and 6 for the next four years.
Incumbent council members Bernard Haire, Sandra Knotts and Charles Jernigan are all being challenged.
Jernigan, who represents District 2, is being challenged by Kalu Kalu.
Haire, who represents District 4, is being challenged by Connie Johnson, William Fairfax Jr. and William Davis Jr.
Knotts, who represents District 6, is being challenged by Jack Grayton.
Voting is restricted to registered voters who reside in council districts that are up for election.
Monday was the last day for absentee voters to cast their ballots, according to Orangeburg County Voter Registration Director Aurora Smalls.
All polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
You have free articles remaining.
The polling locations are:
• Ward 2— Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, 155 Riverside Dr. SW
• Ward 3 — Mellichamp Elementary School, 350 Murray Road
• Ward 4 — Smith-Hammond-Middleton Memorial Center, 200 Buckley St.
• Ward 5 — Zimmerman Youth Center, 759 Peasley St.
• Ward 6 — Youth Canteen, 1620 Middleton St.
• Ward 9 — Marshall Elementary School, 1441 Marshall Ave.
• Ward 10 — Sheridan Elementary School, 1139 Hillsboro Road
• Suburban 8 — Marshall Elementary School, 1441 Marshall Ave.
• Suburban 9 — Human Resource Center, 2570 St. Matthews Road