Orangeburg County School District trustees approved several new school leaders during their Tuesday meeting.
The following people have been named:
• Dr. Kuterah Singletary has been named principal of North Middle High School.
Singletary currently serves as the secondary consultant for Richland County School District 1. She has several years of leadership experience from school districts in South Carolina.
• Craig James has been named as the director of the Orangeburg County Alternative School.
James currently serves as an assistant principal for Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School. He has been in secondary school administration over the past eight years in Orangeburg and Varnville.
You have free articles remaining.
• Preston Threatt has been named as the interim principal of Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School.
Threatt has served several years in public education, most recently as principal of Manning High School.
• Matt Schilit has been named as the principal of Branchville High School.
Schilit has served several years in public education as a principal in both elementary and high schools.
• Debra Norman has been named as the interim assistant principal for Branchville High School.
Norman has served as assistant principal for several years at Clark Middle School and Howard Middle School.
• Marvin Foster has been named assistant principal for Hunter-Kinard-Tyler High School.
Foster also has several years in school administration at the middle and high school level and the past few years as the director for the alternative school in Orangeburg.
All positions are effective immediately.