A St. Matthews man was arrested after a traffic stop when a deputy found an assortment of drugs in his car.
After stopping the silver vehicle on July 26, the deputy performed a search and found 0.8 grams of marijuana, 0.4 grams of cocaine, 0.4 grams of crack cocaine, a marijuana blunt in the ashtray, and a cold beer.
He was charged with possession of crack cocaine, possession of cocaine and simple possession of marijuana. The suspect also had an outstanding suspended license for failure to pay traffic tickets.
In other reports:
• On July 15, a Swansea man reported that another Swansea man trespassed on his property and removed a fishing pole and a battery. The act was captured on the victim’s trail camera. The photos were given to the investigating officer. The loss was estimated at $150.
• On July 18, an Elloree man reported that someone went into his unlocked residence and took a handgun. The value of the weapon was estimated at $400.
• A St. Matthews man reported that his gray .40 caliber Smith & Wesson ACP pistol was taken from his vehicle. It is valued at $400.
• On July 27, a deputy stopped a vehicle driven by an Orangeburg man who was wanted by the Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office for fraud. He was turned over to the Orangeburg County Detention Center.
• On July 27, a deputy stopped a vehicle driven by a Sumter man who was wanted on an outstanding warrant for unpaid child support. He was transported to the Orangeburg County Detention Center.
• On July 26, a St. Matthews man reported that an unknown person had stolen several items from his adjacent shop. The value of the items was estimated at $1,990.
St. Matthews Police
• On Aug. 2, a St. Matthews woman reported a break-in of her residence by an unknown person. She said the side door had been kicked in, but nothing was missing. The damage was estimated at $500.