Traffic checkpoints will take place at various locations in and near Orangeburg on Saturday, April 10.
The Orangeburg Department of Public Safety made the announcement on Friday morning and the following agencies will be assisting with implementing the checkpoints: Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office, S.C. Highway Patrol and the S.C. Department of Natural Resources.
The checkpoints will be set up at the following locations:
- Riverside Drive at Russell Street
- Myers Road at Five Chop Road (U.S. Highway 301)
- State A&M Road
- Hillsboro Road at Riverbank Drive
- Glover Street at Roadway Street
- Windsor Street at Park Street
- Magnolia Street at Bayne Street
ODPS said the checkpoints will focus on proper seat belt usage, possession of driver’s licenses and vehicle registration violations, as required for the Highway Safety Grant made possible by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Contact the writer:email@example.com 803-533-5545. Follow on Twitter: @MRBrownTandD.