A Swansea man was arrested for domestic violence after allegedly striking his live-in girlfriend.
A deputy was called to a Swansea residence on April 28 for a disturbance and spoke with the residents, who lived there together as a couple. After asking to speak with the female resident, the deputy found that she had a swollen bottom lip and a torn shirt. The deputy asked her to come outside, and the suspect reportedly attempted to stop her.
Once outside, the woman stated that the suspect had hit her with a closed fist on the side of her head. The suspect had a differing story, but based on the evidence, the deputy took the suspect first to the hospital for high blood sugar level and then to jail and charged him with domestic violence.
In other reports:
• On April 23, an employee of the Pilot truck stop at 1300 Burke Road, St. Matthews, reported an unknown black male attempted to purchase a carton of Newport cigarettes. His credit card was declined, and he then grabbed four cartons of cigarettes and ran out of the store.
The suspect left in a white Honda with a 45-day temporary license tag. He was wearing a gray T-shirt and a red and gray ball cap. The cigarettes were valued at $249.
• On April 26, a North man reported that someone had entered his unlocked car and taken two packages containing a necklace and hair ties valued at $21.
• In a separate event on April 26, a St. Matthews woman reported that someone had gone through her three unlocked vehicles. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
St. Matthews Police
• On April 21, an employee of the Quick Pantry at 611 Harry C. Razor Drive, St. Matthews, reported that an unknown white male wearing camouflage was seen shoplifting and had left the store with two bottles of MD 20/20 wine. A patrolman apprehended the suspect, returned the two bottles and charged the suspect, a St. Matthews man, with shoplifting. The total value of the theft was $8.
• On May 4, a St. Matthews woman reported that someone wearing a low haircut, a white T-shirt and red sweat pants ran past her house away from a neighbor's where a door lock was broken. The area was searched and the house was inspected without finding any missing items. The suspect is unknown.