Orangeburg County Sheriff's Office
A 19-year-old Orangeburg man needed medical treatment after he was stabbed with a broken bottle early Sunday morning at a Chestnut Street club, according to a sheriff's office incident report.
The man was standing in the club near the back stage when “some dudes jumped him and cut him with a bottle,” the report said.
The man said he did not know the subjects and did not want to press charges.
A witness said the victim was fighting another male when five other males jumped him. They broke a bottle on his body and cut him with it, the report states.
The witness said she did not know who the men were either.
In other reports:
• An Orangeburg woman was allegedly assaulted and pistol-whipped by the father of her child after the two got into an argument over custody, an incident report said.
The woman said the man came over to her Belleville Road residence Saturday evening. The two got into a dispute and the man allegedly began to choke her before leaving the residence to retrieve a pistol.
The woman said he re-entered the house, hit her with a gun and started to wave it around.
The man alleged the woman struck him first in the back of the head when he grabbed his daughter, the report said. He said he unsuccessfully tried to get the woman to calm down.
• A Neeses man reported someone stole his 2007 silver BMW 328i from his Park Street residence Thursday night. Another attempt was made also made to steal another vehicle in the same neighborhood but was unsuccessful.
The vehicle is valued at $4,400.
• Someone broken into a disabled truck left on the side of Interstate 95 in Holly Hill.
Items stolen include a $3,000 Mac laptop computer, $200 worth of silver coins, $7,000 worth of logging tools and climbing gear as well as $200 worth of clothing.
• A Cope woman reported her 2014 white Chrysler 200 was stolen from a Mildred Drive residence Friday afternoon.
The woman said she dropped her sister off at the residence. She left the car running when she went inside the house, the incident report states.
When she came back outside, the vehicle was gone. It is worth an estimated $10,000.
• A 2015 red Suzuki four-wheeler was stolen from a Eutawville residence Saturday morning.
The four-wheeler, which was stolen from a Cayuga Lane home, was valued at $5,000.
The keys were left in the ignition of the four-wheeler, according to the incident report.
• A Eutawville man said someone broke into his barge on Lake Marion and stole about $12,340 worth of power and hand tools sometime last week.
Orangeburg Department of Public Safety
An Orangeburg woman reported her 2002 green SUV Mercedes was stolen Saturday afternoon from her Wells Drive residence.
The woman said she started the vehicle up around 1:30 p.m. in order to cool it off and went inside the residence. The woman said she was inside the residence for about ten minutes when she was informed by a family member her vehicle was missing.
The woman reported her pocketbook, which contained Social Security and bank cards as well as a diamond watch, was in the vehicle when it was stolen. Clothes were in the car as well.
The woman estimates the items within the car were valued at $1,700. The value of the vehicle is estimated to be about $3,000.