Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office
An Orangeburg man was sleeping in his Goff Avenue home early Friday morning when he was shot in his right arm, according to a sheriff’s office incident report.
The man woke up at 3 a.m. Friday morning at the sound of three or four gunshots.
He was struck by a bullet on his right arm.
The man looked outside the window and saw someone walking down the road toward Jamison Pharmacy, the report said. He was unsure if the person was responsible for the shooting.
Three other people in the home told officials they were also sleeping when they heard the gunshots.
The man was treated at the Regional Medical Center and released.
In other reports:
• A 2004 Honda Accord was stolen Saturday after it was brought to a maintenance shop for repair, according to an incident report.
The vehicle began to malfunction at the intersection of Vance Road and Lodge Hall Road.
The vehicle was towed to a mechanic on Old Number Six Highway, the report said.
The victim said he was later told the vehicle was stolen. It is valued at $15,000.
• A Holly Hill man said his green 570 Polaris Sportsman ATV was stolen from the rear yard of his Caswell Lane residence sometime Thursday night.
The ATV is valued at $10,000.
• A Norway man reported someone broke into his Morning Glory Drive storage shed Saturday and stole a number of power tools.
The stolen items include a generator, Husqvarna chainsaw, Lincoln welder and Club Cart.
They have a total value of $4,200.
• A Cordova residence and shed were burglarized Friday.
A Blewer Road resident said someone entered her home and stole a number of items including a chainsaw, two televisions, a shotgun, money, jewelry and an air compressor.
The items are valued at $1,850.
A neighbor told law enforcement a two-toned truck was at the home. The truck was identified as a 1990 Chevy K1500 that was reported stolen from Wish Drive in Cordova.
• An Orangeburg man reported Saturday that two trailers and an air compressor were stolen from his Jamison Avenue property.
The man said the two black, light-duty trailers were stolen on April 26 and an orange trailer was stolen May 3. A compressor was also stolen.
Orangeburg Department of Public Safety
A Bayne Street woman reported her 2012 Honda CRV was stolen from her front yard around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
The vehicle is described as having tinted windows and missing a back left wheel center cap.
It is valued at $5,000.