Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office
A St. Matthews man was arrested for simple possession of marijuana and public disorderly conduct after he was found lying in his vehicle parked in the middle of the road at night.
On June 23, a deputy was called to the 3200 block of Old State Road for a dark SUV sitting in the middle of the road in the dark with no lights on. The deputy observed a man lying in the car with his head and upper body in the back seat and his feet in the front. The deputy saw bag with a green leafy substance in the vehicle. He detected a strong odor of alcohol and marijuana in the vehicle. When the subject was awakened, his speech was slurred and he was unsteady on his feet, according to the report. He was arrested and transported to the Orangeburg County Detention Center.
In other reports:
• On June 14, an employee of the Calhoun County dump site reported that a St. Matthews man was photographed taking a flat-screen TV and a battery-operated dirt bike valued at $200 and did $500 worth of damage.
St. Matthews Police
• A St. Matthews man reported on June 22 that an unknown person broke into his storage shed and took a red Craftsman weed trimmer, a red Remington chainsaw and a green Poulan chainsaw, all valued at $780.
• On June 24, 2019, a St. Matthews man reported on June 24 that his tenant had taken his window heating/air unit, which was valued at $400.
• A St. Matthews man reported on June 25 that someone broke in his back door and took $1,800 cash and a brown .25-caliber automatic pistol. The total loss including damage to the back door was $2,150.
• A St. Matthews man reported on June 27, that while he was gone, someone broke into his home and removed electronics, camping equipment and other items, all valued at $1,219.