A 60-year-old Denmark man, who operates a business next to Main Highway in Bamberg, was arrested on Nov. 21 on a warrant for "unreasonable noise." He was additionally charged with resisting arrest. The initial charge related to a complaint from a Lake Drive man on Nov. 20.
The complainant alleges that the Denmark man, who is an acquaintance of his, had been harassing him as he drove by the business each day going to and from work. An officer accompanied the Lake Drive man on his route and witnessed the businessman shouting and making gestures at the complainant, the report states.
In other reports:
- A 60-year-old Orangeburg woman was arrested on Nov. 20 and charged with simple assault and battery. Officers were dispatched to a Hawk Court residence in reference to a complaint by a 33-year-old woman, who alleged that her boyfriend’s mother assaulted her. Officers observed scratch marks on the victim’s chest, the report states.
According to the report, the victim said her boyfriend’s mother took her phone, jacked her up by the shirt, pushed her down and scratched her on the chest.
The Orangeburg woman admitted to the assault and was placed under arrest.
- A 49-year-old Sparrow Court man was arrested on a warrant for driving his girlfriend’s car while his license was suspended.
The offense occurred on Nov. 8 when officers spotted the man driving a vehicle near Bamberg Villas. According to the incident report, he evaded police at that time and was located and arrested for driving under suspension on Nov. 14.
The man’s 34-year-old girlfriend, who lives at Sparrow Court, was also issued a summons for allowing an unauthorized person to drive her vehicle. The vehicle had an expired tag and was towed, the report states.
- A 28-year-old Heritage Highway woman was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct at approximately 1 a.m. on Nov. 19.
Officers were dispatched to a Weimer Street address in reference to a suspicious vehicle in a 50-year-old man’s yard. Police arrived to find a woman in the driver’s seat of the vehicle in a highly intoxicated condition, the report states. A bottle of alcohol was on the floorboard next to the driver’s seat, along with a few blunts of marijuana, the report notes.
According to the incident report, the woman said that she and a few guys had been riding in the vehicle but that the guys ran off. The homeowner told officers that he was asleep when he heard knocking on his door and window. He did not recognize the vehicle in his yard so he called police, the report states.
When police arrived and the woman exited the vehicle, however, the homeowner recognized she was his daughter. He told police that he wanted no part in helping her, the report states.
- A 32-year-old Orangeburg man was arrested on Nov. 21 and charged with shoplifting, simple possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct.
The arrest followed an incident at EZ Shop #3 during which the man allegedly attempted to take two bags of ice, a $7 value, without paying for them, the report states.
While the man was being placed under arrest, he became belligerent and pulled away when an officer was searching his pockets, the report notes. A small bag containing marijuana and a marijuana "roach" was found in his pocket, the report states. The ice was returned to the store.
- Four individuals were arrested on Nov. 22 during a traffic stop for a faulty headlight on U.S. 301 North.
The driver of the vehicle, a 49-year-old Spring Branch Road woman, was charged with no South Carolina driver’s license, defective headlight, simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Three passengers in the vehicle were also charged. A 22-year-old Charleston-Augusta Highway man was charged with simple possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. A 21-year-old Raleigh, North Carolina man and a 23-year-old St. Matthews man were each charged with simple possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and no seat belt.
- A 29-year-old Henry Street driver was arrested on Nov. 19 outside a Sparrow Court apartment and charged with no South Carolina driver’s license, third offense.
- A 48-year-old Anderson woman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and open container on Nov. 22.
Officers were alerted to a reckless driver entering the Bamberg city limits on Broxton Bridge Road and initiated a traffic stop. The driver failed several sobriety tests, the report states.
- Two people were arrested on Nov. 23 after officers noticed them acting suspiciously inside the Goody’s store on Main Highway.
A 34-year-old Conway man and a 33-year-old Main Highway woman were located by police after they ran from the store, the report states. The man was charged with shoplifting shoes, and the woman was charged with shoplifting perfume. The total value of the merchandise involved was $360.
The report notes that the woman also allegedly tried to steal clothing by removing the security sensors from it.