A Bamberg woman was charged with third-degree assault and battery after allegedly attacking a man.
Bamberg units were dispatched on April 29 to a downtown location regarding an assault. Officers arrived to find the male victim outside his place of business, and he said that he had been assaulted by a female.
The man told the officers that he had left something for his business at the suspect’s apartment and went to the location where the suspect was to retrieve it. He said she became angry with him because he had to beat on the door loudly to get her to answer the door.
The man told the officers that she brought the item to him, then threw it into the street. He said she then came at him and assaulted him.
During the investigation, the suspect reportedly became upset and argumentative with the officers. She admitted to giving the victim his item but denied the assault.
However with the evidence found on the victim’s person, the woman was arrested, taken to Bamberg County Detention Center and charged with third-degree assault and battery.
In other reports:
• On April 13, an officer spoke by phone with a man who said he had not written a check that had been cashed on his account. The man told the officer that the check in question was an older one and he had no idea on how someone else had obtained it.
The officer went to the man’s bank and spoke with the manager, and the evidence will be requested by a subpoena/search warrant in reference to the transaction.
• On May 5, officers were dispatched to Bamberg Job Corps in reference to report of a student in possession of marijuana. Security personnel told the officers that when the suspect returned from off campus, a half-smoked blunt was found inside his jacket pocket after a search of his items.
The suspect was arrested and taken to the detention center.
• On May 6, units were dispatched to Bamberg Job Corps in reference to report of a fight. Upon arrival, officers met with three subjects in the security shack, along with security personnel. The subjects were accused of fighting with another student.
After an investigation, one of the subjects was arrested, taken to the detention center and charged with fighting.
• On April 15, the sheriff’s office received a call from an individual who said his vehicle had been stolen. The victim told a deputy that his car had broken down earlier, and when he went to retrieve it, it was gone. The officer gathered the victim’s information and filed a report.
• On May 2, a deputy responded to a call regarding a report of assault. When the officer arrived, a man told him that the suspect had punched him in his back, punched a hole in his bedroom door and left the scene. The victim also said that all he wanted to do was file a report so the incident was documented. The officer gathered the information and a report was made.