ST. MATTHEWS – Calhoun County is one of six counties included in the Lower Savannah Council of Governments' Long Range Transportation Plan that could better county roadways.
The transportation plan, which also involves the South Carolina Department of Education, includes 12 projects in Calhoun County that have been identified as areas that need improvement:
• Calhoun Road F-448 at S-22
• Calhoun Road S-11 at US 601
• Calhoun Road S-24 at S-42
• Calhoun Road S-26 at S-74
• Calhoun Road S-31 at US 21
• Calhoun Road SC 267 at S-203 Lake
• Calhoun Road US 176 at SC 6
• Calhoun Road US 601 at SC 267 US601
• Calhoun Road SC 172 at S-29
• Calhoun Road S-22 at S-448
You have free articles remaining.
• Calhoun I-26 @ Exit 125 at Frontage Road
• Calhoun New Location at Industrial Park
Also during the meeting:
• Council approved first reading by title only of an ordinance to increase water and wastewater rates for the Calhoun County Municipal water and wastewater systems.
• Council approved a motion to appoint County Administrator Ted Felder to the Lower Savannah Council of Governments Board.
• Council voted to table the approval of an election contract. Council members cited the need for additional information as the reason for tabling approval of the contract.
• Calhoun County Recreation Department Director Tyrone Dantzler gave council an update on programs and upcoming events. Dantzler informed council of an event that will take place at the John Ford Community center on Aug. 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will feature games, sports challenges, food and music.
• Felder gave council a Buildings and Grounds report for June 2019. He reported that there were 20 total work requests, all of which were either completed or will be completed shortly. Felder thanked Marc Briggman for the job he is doing with Building and Grounds.
• Council entered executive session to discuss a personnel matter regarding the library and a legal matter regarding CSX v. S.C. Department of Revenue and Norfolk-Southern Railroads v. S.C. Department of Revenue.