The Old Willow School found new life in recent years serving the Town of Norway as a municipal building, museum and welcome center.
In 1918, the Norway area was served by six school districts: North Willow, South Willow, West Willow, Middle Willow, Norway and Two Mile Swamp.
Norway School Superintendent G.C. Galphin proposed consolidation of the six area schools, which were in session for about three months.
Willow Consolidated High School was chartered in January 1926, when plans for area school consolidation were finalized.
Willow High School was dedicated on June 14, 1927. It opened with 137 pupils.
The Willow Consolidated High School is an example of school architecture typical in small American towns in the first half of the 20th century.
The school is an inverted “T”-shaped one-story brick veneer building with an auditorium located at the center of the rear elevation and the administrative/classroom section in the front section. The building contains 12,250 square feet.
The school became Hunter-Kinard High School and then Hunter-Kinard-Tyler High before serving as Norway Junior High. It became Norway Middle School in 1973 before being closed in 1988.
It includes a raised wood frame floor structure and wood frame walls.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in July 2006.