COLUMBIA -- In 2019, state parks in South Carolina, including Santee State Park, will offer programming that combines art, culture, heritage and ranger-guided recreational excursions to some of the state’s most beautiful and significant settings. Many of the events in the series are hours-long or overnight premium experiences, and can be found at www.SCParkStore.com as their registration deadlines approach.
A Winter Nature Photography Workshop with renowned photographer Robert Rommel, for example, will be held Jan. 11-14 at Santee State Park in Orangeburg County. Participants will spend an entire weekend studying the art, creativity and technical aspects of nature photography, concentrating on landscape, wildlife and up-close shots.
Other programs involve yoga, painting, paddling and 5K-running. People who are interested in these exceptional experiences should check the website www.SCParkStore.com often throughout the year for registration details. You can also mark your calendars for the following programs on these dates:
- 5K runs at Sadlers Creek (Feb. 23,) Hickory Knob (March 16,) Huntington Beach (April 6) and Sesquicentennial (May 11).
- Yoga in the Park with Cheryl Mason at Santee State Park April 7-9. This weekend event also will be held Oct. 27-29 at Table Rock State Park.
- Indigo Painting at Santee State Park on March 3. The event also will be held March 19 and Sept. 17 at Devils Fork, and Oct. 8 back at Santee.
- Watercolor Journaling at Santee State Park March 10-12.
- Kayak with a Ranger at Colleton State Park on the fourth Fridays of every month beginning March 22 and ending Oct. 25.
- Kayak with a Ranger at Givhans Ferry State Park on the first Fridays of every month beginning April 5 and ending Nov. 1.
- Watercolor Painting with Amelia at Santee State Park April 14-16.
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding with a Ranger at Table Rock State Park on the third Friday of every month beginning May 17 and ending Oct. 18.
Fees for these premium programs range from $35 for a single-day event to $225 for an event that covers an entire weekend. Details, including when and how to register, any available discounts and how to book lodging, can be found at www.SCParkStore.com.
For more information, contact Dawn Dawson-House at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-734-1779.