to face CSU
COLUMBIA – The University of South Carolina baseball team will make its first-ever trip to SRP Park in North Augusta on Tuesday, as the Gamecocks face Charleston Southern at 7 p.m. in a neutral-site contest.
The game will be streamed on SEC Network +.
All games are broadcast on The Game 107.5 FM and the Gamecock Sports Network with Derek Scott and Tommy Moody on the call.
PROBABLE PITCHING ROTATION
Tuesday - USC, Daniel Lloyd (Fr. RHP) 2-3, 8.38 ERA, 19.1 IP, 15 BB, 22 SO
CSU, Logan Adams (Fr. RHP) 0-1, 9.70 ERA, 21.1 IP, 9 BB, 12 So
SCOUTING CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
Charleston Southern won 2-of-3 games at UNC Asheville this past weekend, taking the first two contests by scores of 3-2 and 8-2. The Buccaneers are led by Max Ryerson's .326 batting average while Ryan Stoudemire has seven doubles and nine home runs to go along with 30 RBI.
Carolina leads the all-time series with Charleston Southern, 76-13, with Tuesday's game being the first neutral-site contest between the two teams. Last season, the Gamecocks won 2-of-3 games against the Bucs at Founders Park.
GAMECOCKS WIN NINTH ONE-RUN GAME
Carolina defeated Texas A&M, 3-2, on April 20 to improve to 9-2 this season in one-run games. Twelve of Carolina's 23 wins have been by either one or two runs, four of them in the walk-off variety.
Carolina travels to Columbia, Mo., for a three-game SEC series at Missouri. Game one is Friday night at 7:30 p.m., streamed on SEC Network +.
to face Winthrop,
CLEMSON - The Clemson Tigers baseball team plays two midweek home games this week, facing Winthrop (Tuesday) and Tennessee Tech (Wednesday) in 6 p.m. games at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Winthrop (23-16) & Tennessee Tech (17-20) vs. Clemson (25-15)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Promotion - Fans can purchase a ticket for only $2.
SERIES HISTORY (WINTHROP)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 22-6 (1981-18)
SERIES HISTORY (TENNESSEE TECH)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 5-0 (2003-12)
• Tuesday - RHP Tyler Jones (WIN) vs. LHP Keyshawn Askew (CU)
• Wednesday - TBA (TTU) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson has a 16-9 home record and was swept at home by Duke last weekend by a combined score of 23-19.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.3 runs per game and hitting .254 with a .356 on-base percentage and 72 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.79 ERA, .232 opponents’ batting average and 2.55 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .969.
CLEMSON – The Clemson women’s basketball team welcomes a new face to the 2019-20 roster as head coach Amanda Butler announced the addition of junior Delicia Washington on Monday.
Washington, a transfer from the University of Florida, is very familiar with Butler’s up-tempo style of basketball, having played for the current Clemson coach during her freshman season at Florida.
The guard thrived in her rookie season under Butler, averaging 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds per game with 51 assists and 41 steals in her freshman campaign. She was the third-leading scorer on the Gators and earned SEC Co-Freshman of the Year honors.