Chicago Bears’ cornerback Tim Jennings has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for September.
Jennings, a former Orangeburg-Wilkinson star, leads the NFL in interceptions with four. He also has nine pass breakups — two of which led to interceptions for teammates Major Wright and Chris Conte.
Jennings had five tackles in his team’s 34-18 win over the Dallas Cowboys Monday night. Jennings and the Bears take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville Sunday at 4 p.m.
• Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears (Calhoun County) — Jeffery had three catches for 32 yards in his team’s win.
• Brandon Isaac, LB, Toronto Argonauts (Blackville-Hilda) — Isaac had one tackle and a forced fumble in his team’s 29-10 win over Winnipeg.
• David Sims, B-Back, Georgia Tech (Calhoun County) — Sims had four carries for 19 yards in his team’s 49-28 loss to Middle Tennessee State.
• Donte Rumph, DL, Kentucky (Calhoun County) — Rumph had six tackles and a half sack in his team’s 38-17 loss to South Carolina.
• Taylor Wyndham, DL, Kentucky (Swansea) — A former Elite 11 selection, Wyndham had four tackles and a fumble recovery in his team’s loss.
• A.J. Cann, LG, South Carolina (Bamberg-Ehrhardt) — Cann continued to start at left guard in his team’s win against Kentucky.
• Kamrie Connell, WR, North Greenville (Edisto) — Connell had five receptions for 45 yards in his team’s 52-10 loss to Lenoir-Rhyne.
• Freddie Martino, WR, North Greenville (North) — Martino had a carry for 3 yards and two receptions for 17 yards in his team’s loss.
• B.J. Mazyck, LB, Newberry (Woodland) — Mazyck had four tackles, one for loss in his team’s 35-28 loss to Mars Hill. Devine Kelly, DB, Newberry (Woodland) — Kelly was in on two tackles in his team’s loss.
• Roderick Davenport, RB, St. Augustine’s (Orangeburg-Wilkinson) — Davenport had 17 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown in his team’s 23-21 loss to Elizabeth City State.
• Jeffery Salley, DL, Coastal Carolina (Bamberg-Ehrhardt) — Salley was in on four tackles in his team’s loss to Appalachian State.
• Clayton Gidron, WR, Howard (Orangeburg-Wilkinson) — Gidron had two catches for 29 yards in his team’s 56-9 win over Savannah State.
• Keith Pough, LB, Howard (Scott’s Branch) — An Orangeburg native, Pough had eight tackles in his team’s win.
• Curtis Simmons, DB, Howard (Orangeburg-Wilkinson) — Simmons had four tackles in his team’s win.
• James Williams, DB, Howard (Calhoun County) — Williams had a tackle in his team’s win.
• Joe Thomas, LB, S.C. State (Blackville-Hilda) — Thomas had nine tackles, 1.5 for loss in his team’s 14-0 win over Norfolk State.
• Sterling Lucas, LB, N.C. State (Orangeburg-Wilkinson) — Lucas had four tackles and an interception in the end zone in his team’s 44-37 loss to Miami.