The South Carolina State University Career Center will hold its annual Career Week and Career Day Extravaganza on the campus the week of Sept. 26-29. Events will include an open house, classroom information sessions by professionals and a presentation by Microsoft, concluding with employment interviews by representatives from the Norfolk Naval Shipyard.
The Career Day Extravaganza will take place from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, in the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Memorial Center. Various recruiters will be on campus to inform students about employment opportunities, such as internships, co-ops and full-time positions.
In addition to Microsoft, Fortune 500 companies Pfizer, Boeing and Aflac will be on site. Graduate and professional schools including the College of Charleston and the North Carolina Central University School of Law will also attend, along with several local and regional school districts.
Professional attire is mandatory for entry into the Career Day Extravaganza.
For more information about Career Week, call Joseph Thomas, Career Center director, at 803-536-8577 or visit www.scsu.edu to view the schedule of events and the list of participants for the Career Day Extravaganza.
The Career Week schedule is as follows:
- SAFY Classroom Presentation -- 10 a.m.-throughout the day, Tuesday, Sept. 26, Room 236, Belcher Hall.
- Newport News Shipbuilding Information Session -- 4-6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 27, 1st floor auditorium, Room 100, Engineering & Computer Science Complex.
- Career Day Extravaganza -- 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 28, Smith-Hammond-Middleton Memorial Center.
- U.S. Navy Information Session -- 5:30-7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 28, Engineering & Computer Science Complex.
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard Interviews -- 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Friday, Sept. 29, Suite 250, Belcher Hall.
- Microsoft Presentation -- 3-6 p.m., Friday, Sept. 29, 1st Floor Auditorium, Room 100, Engineering & Computer Science Complex.