Orangeburg woman stabbed to death

2011-02-03T15:04:00Z 2011-02-04T12:36:53Z Orangeburg woman stabbed to deathT&D Staff Report The Times and Democrat
February 03, 2011 3:04 pm  •

Officers remained on Goff Avenue into the evening Thursday following the stabbing of a woman, while well-wishers waited nearby for more information.

Officers descended on the neighborhood just outside of the city early Thursday afternoon. They found Caroline Hanton, 44, 1389 Goff Ave. dead inside the home, Orangeburg County Coroner Samuetta Marshall said.

Hanton died from multiple stab wounds, Marshall said. An autopsy is planned for Friday.

The incident is still under investigation. A release from interim Sheriff Barbara Walters only said her officers were investigating the death of a Goff Avenue woman Thursday. She was discovered shortly after 1 p.m. in her home.

More details will be released as they become available, according to Walters office.

In the face of no official word, speculation has it that Hanton operated a daycare center. There also were questions as to a suspect and whether he or she was still at large.

Copyright 2015 The Times and Democrat. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(8) Comments

1. vengirl
    vengirl - February 16, 2011 8:25 am
    This is such terrible news! My sympathies to her family!
    BLUEANGEL3 - February 07, 2011 6:24 pm
    WOW!!! I kept reading the article over and over praying that it would change..or some type of clerical error..I mean really..Carolynne was a very sweet person. Just remember whoever you are that you will REAP what you SOW..Let me just say this YOU ARE A COWARD..AND A SILLY COWARD THAT WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE..NOT FROM "MAN" BUT FROM "THE MAN"...I WISH NO BAD ON YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE IT COMING TO YOU..I JUST PRAY THAT GOD HAVE MERCY ON URSOUL WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN EVEN THOUGH U SHOWED NONE
  3. barak89
    barak89 - February 04, 2011 10:32 am
    I am also in deep shock that something so horrible would happen to a sweet and kind hearted lady like Mrs. Hanton. By just knowing her children and being around them I know how much they loved her and by knowing her I know she wouldnt harm a fly!! I just hope that justice will be served. My prayers are with the family and will continue to be with the famiily!
  4. autogirl1972
    autogirl1972 - February 03, 2011 8:37 pm
    I am in total shock that something like this could happen to such a sweet person. Aaron you and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers. She will be sadly missed! We love you
  5. brainstorm09
    brainstorm09 - February 03, 2011 8:16 pm
    UNBELIEVABLE - can't believe this happened to Niecey. The Williams and Hanton families are in my prayers.
  6. feldmack
    feldmack - February 03, 2011 7:36 pm
    I am in shock. Who would do this?! I have known Carolynne since high school. And she has always been someone kind. Always a smile on her face. And ready to laugh. This has to be the act of a stranger.
  7. JEWELS68
    JEWELS68 - February 03, 2011 5:20 pm

That soooooo true. I've known her and her family all of my life and can't imagine WHO WOULD DO THIS. I will be praying for her family, because I know this is going to be hard.
    My heart is truly heavy.
  8. tubalo
    tubalo - February 03, 2011 4:56 pm
    My word if I find out who killed my folk........! This is beyond ridiculous! She ain't never hurt NOBODY! Hope you rot in hell!!!!!!
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick