S.C. State's 2012 schedule revealed

2012-02-07T23:01:00Z 2012-02-08T17:48:31Z S.C. State's 2012 schedule revealed The Times and Democrat
February 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Two back-to-back Division I contest against Arizona and Texas A&M squeezed in between key Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference games against Bethune-Cookman and Norfolk State highlight a busy September for the South Carolina State football team.

The school is expected to officially release the below schedule today.

The T&D has also learned S.C. State is close to finalizing a 12-game schedule for 2013. It will include a Division I game against the University of South Carolina, plus two Football Championship Subdivision matchups at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium  against Coastal Carolina and Alabama A&M.

The Bulldogs will have six games at home next season. A full story will appear in Wednesday's T&D.

S.C. STATE 2012 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 30 - at Georgia State

Sept. 8 - BETHUNE-COOKMAN (Hall of Fame Game)

Sept. 15 - at Arizona

Sept. 22 - at Texas A&M

Sept. 29 - NORFOLK STATE (Youth/ROTC Day)

Oct. 6 - at North Carolina Central

Oct. 13 - at Delaware State

Oct. 20 - at Florida A&M

Oct. 27 - HOWARD ("Homecoming")

Nov. 3 - ‘Bye’

Nov. 10 - at North Carolina A&T

Nov. 17 - SAVANNAH STATE (Senior/Faculty Staff Appreciation Day)

Copyright 2015 The Times and Democrat. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(10) Comments

1. Pitbull
    Pitbull - February 10, 2012 7:21 pm
    ExPro60 said: but I won't use the MEDIA to CRITICIZE the administration or the university."
    I commend you but sometimes the media is the only way those folks that occupy space at State will listen.....You noticed I said occupy space...because most of them don't do squat and now Cooper is cleaning house...I have to laugh to keep from crying..We have become the biggest joke in SC....It's enough to make a grown man cry...
  2. ExPro60
    ExPro60 - February 10, 2012 10:17 am
    Pittbull, I love SCSU too and I am a lomg time financial supporter of the university's athletic and accademic programs. I've been a season ticket holder for the past 20 plus years (and don't live in the state of SC) I personally sponsored a player in the Lift-A-Bulldog program... I also purchased a brick of the Bulldog wall. I am not "ok with mediocrity" and don't agree with a lot of the things the administration does but I won't use the MEDIA to CRITICIZE the administration or the university.
  3. Chris' Cloths
    Chris' Cloths - February 09, 2012 5:19 pm
    Arizona was 4-8 last year so we can get a win in AZ.
  4. leachc
    leachc - February 09, 2012 4:40 pm
    Well, NSU plays Ohio before they play us. SEC teams play tough competition week in and week out. If you are good, you should have nothing to worry about.
  5. Crusty
    Crusty - February 09, 2012 9:16 am
    The combined 2011 conference records of the teams scheduled for October and November is 16 - 32. Only Florida A&M had a winning record. This schedule would be awesome if the Bulldogs weren't playing 4 of those 6 games on the road. They will play 7 total away. Bulldogs are going to be Road Warriors this season.
  6. hoyabull
    hoyabull - February 08, 2012 7:47 pm
    Pibull, don't be afraid of Norfolk State. Last season was a fluke. If SCSU had stopped trying to be a spread offense team that day they would have beaten NSU. And,NSU comes to Orangeburg. Arizona is not a physical team (never has been) and Texas A&M is no Texas Longhorns.They scare nobody!
  7. Pitbull
    Pitbull - February 08, 2012 6:37 pm
    ExPro60...You don't know me but I will says this...I love SCSU but I hate our administration. They are rotten to the core.....Cooper should have been fired the 1st time...but they brought him back..Maurice Washington is a walking cancer..A certain AD hasn't raised any funds since she took over..But I guess you are ok with mediocrity.....So you can think what you want about me...IDGAD! WITH BULLDOG TENACITY!
  8. Pitbull
    Pitbull - February 08, 2012 6:31 pm
    ExPro60 said: "Pitbull, do you ever have anything positive to say. You to critize the program. We recognize the Athletic Department is not perfect so at lease we can support it's positive efforts. What have you done lately to support the program? Stop drinking the "Haterade" and do something positive. "
    I am a season ticket holder...and I give back monthly...I also coordinated a group of loyal alumni who helped sponsor a player for the Lift A Bulldog Program the last 2 years..
  9. ExPro60
    ExPro60 - February 08, 2012 3:05 pm
    Pitbull, do you ever have anything positive to say. You continue to critize the program. We recognize the Athletic Department is not perfect so at lease we can support it's positive efforts. What have you done lately to support the program? Stop drinking the "Haterade" and do something positive.
  10. Pitbull
    Pitbull - February 07, 2012 11:24 pm
    When your athletic department doesn't have any corporate sponsorships....you still have to pay the bills...NSU is licking their chops...They get us after we take bad/physical beatings from 2 D-1 teams.... :(
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick

Featured Businesses

Latest Local Offers

Smith's Ice Cream Bar and Bakery
Smith's Ice Cream Bar and Bakery is the ice cream bar and bakery that delivers a variety of goods! 803-854-0033
Smith's Ice Cream Bar and Bakery
Garden City Heating And Cooling, Inc.
Are you building a new home? Garden City Heating and Cooling offers Indoor Air Quality, Heating and Cooling services. Call us today at 803-536-0869
Garden City Heating And Cooling, Inc.
Garden City Heating And Cooling, Inc.
Garden City Heating and Cooling can handle all of your repair needs. 803-536-0869
Garden City Heating And Cooling, Inc.
Williams Auto Electric
We rebuild generators...
Williams Auto Electric
Gallman Personnel Services, Inc.
Gallman Personnel Services, Inc. has been locally owned and operated since 1985, GPS have helped employers hire great people! Click here for more info! 803-531-4192
Gallman Personnel Services, Inc.
Chestnut Grill