Jared Kushner is the husband of first daughter Ivanka Trump and senior adviser to Donald Trump's administration. Here are five facts to know about him.
1. Kushner is a former CEO of Kushner Companies, which specialized in real estate.
2. In 2007, at the age of just 26, Kushner purchased a Manhattan office tower, 666 Fifth Avenue, for what was then a record $1.8 billion.
3. Kushner served as a publisher for the New York Observer newspaper.
4. He defended Donald Trump against allegations of anti-Semitism and racism by sharing a story of his Jewish grandparents who emigrated to the United States in 1949. His family took to Facebook to shame him for it.
5. With Trump's advisement, Kushner will head the White House Office of American Innovation, collaborating with Tesla's Elon Musk, Salesforce's Marc Benioff and Apple's Tim Cook.