A 26-year-old Lemon Creek Road man was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with communicating obscene messages.
A Rice Avenue woman, 68, reported that while she was in Radio Shack on Feb. 19, the man started a conversation with her, talking fast and very low like he didn't want anyone to hear him.
She said the man was making gestures with his hand, then took out his phone and showed her a picture of his private parts. The woman left the store and shortly afterwards received a text from the man in reference to their conversation. She said she wanted proof of what happened in the store so after he texted her, she asked the man for the picture. She said she did this so she could report the man to his manager and to police.
In other reports:
- A 49-year-old Main Highway man was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with violation of restraining order. Officers were dispatched to the man’s home in reference to a domestic dispute around 11 p.m. Upon arrival, they spoke with a 59-year-old woman who said the man had asked her for money to buy drugs. When she told him no, he allegedly became angry and started to throw furniture and other items throughout the residence, the report states.
When police contacted the man, they immediately smelled the odor of alcohol on him, the report states. He was placed under arrest.
- A 48-year-old Johnson Street man was arrested on Feb. 23 and charged with breach of trust. The charges stemmed from an Oct. 24, 2017 complaint from a 47-year-old Johnson Street woman that her boyfriend had taken her vehicle to Denmark and would not let her have it back, according to the incident report.
The woman said she had given the truck to the man to do some maintenance on it but when she told him he had kept it too long and she wanted it back, he would not give it to her. When she tried to retrieve the vehicle, a verbal argument ensued, the report states. The Dodge pickup was valued at $5,000.
- A 30-year-old resident of Seaborn Green Apartments was arrested on Feb. 23 and charged with third-degree driving under suspension. While investigating a report of a man sleeping in a car in front of a house on Sunset Drive, police located the 30-year-old and placed him under arrest.
- A 19-year-old Loris man was arrested on Feb. 21 and charged with simple possession of marijuana after officers were called to the Bamberg Job Corps Center. The man told police he had found some marijuana in a napkin lying by a window. He said did not know who it belonged to and had started smoking it.
- A 40-year-old Smoaks man was arrested on Feb. 22 and charged with driving under suspension. The arrest occurred during a license check at the intersection of U.S. 78 and Firetower Road.