Orangeburg City Council is poised to take its next steps toward redrawing the districts from which council members are elected.
Bobby Bowers, director of the South Carolina Office of Research and Statistics, advised council three weeks ago to adopt a list of criteria for redrawing the districts and get the redistricting plan drawn in time for the U.S. Justice Department to approve it before municipal elections in September.
Council is scheduled to discuss that advice at its meeting at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in council chambers at 933 Middleton St.
Also on council’s agenda:
* Discussion of Time Warner Cable’s rate structure.
* Proclamation of sincerity as the Community of Character trait for February.
* Acceptance of a $5,000 Parks and Recreation Development grant.
* Appointments to the Department of Public Utilities grievance committee.
* Enter executive session to discuss contractual matters including the lease of the old First National Bank building and the sale of the First Citizens Bank building.