River pavilion on the Edisto River

The new river pavilion on the Edisto River is shown here in the construction phase in 1950. It was designed by City Engineer Alec Brown, who also supervised its construction. This building replaced an earlier wooden building that had outlived its usefulness. For the last 30 years the Orangeburg Arts Center has occupied this building, and they are in the midst of a fundraising campaign to make much needed renovations to this 67-year-old building.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.