Claflin University junior Qui'Era Evans will be crowned Miss Homecoming 2017-2018 on Sunday, Nov. 12 during the Miss Homecoming Crowning Ceremony at 3 p.m. in Ministers' Hall.
Hailing from Washington, D.C., Evans is a mass communications major with a minor in marketing. The 2014 Achievers Scholar is a member of the NAACP, DMV Panthers, and treasurer of her residential hall, SRC North. She also served as a student leader for the summer bridge program.
The crowning of Miss Homecoming is one of the official Homecoming Week events at Claflin. The crowning ceremony is free and open to the public.
Thursday, Nov. 16
- 12th Annual Claflin Golf Classic: The Orangeburg Country Club, 2745 Griffith Drive. Registration: 8:30 a.m.; Shotgun Start: 10 a.m. This fundraising event benefits “FOCUS 100” Scholarships and the Orange and Maroon Athletic Support Association.
- Welcome Reception and Registration: 4:30 - 7:00 p.m., Country Inn & Suites, 731 Citadel Road.
Friday, Nov. 17
- CUIAA Executive Committee Meeting: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Arthur Rose Museum.
- Registration: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Campus Center Multipurpose Room
- Alice Carson Tisdale Honors College: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Honors College Office.
- 24th Presidential Scholarship Gala and Silent Auction: 6 p.m.
- Back Down Memory Lane: 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., The Premiere
Saturday, Nov. 18
- 1st Annual Health and Wellness 5K Run & Walk: 6 a.m., Jonas T. Kennedy Tullis Arena.
- Panther Den and Alumni Registration: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., Jonas T. Kennedy Physical and Health Education Center.
- Orange and Maroon Dance: 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., The Premiere
Sunday, Nov. 19
- Complimentary Farewell Breakfast (Reservation required): 8:30 a.m., 1869 Club.
- Worship Service: 9:30 a.m., The James and Dorothy Z. Elmore Chapel
For a complete listing of the 2017 Homecoming schedule, visit www.claflin.edu.