Belk Hudson Employees, circa 1966: The Belk Hudson chain of stores began with the opening of the Orangeburg department store in 1931 by Mr. E.O. Hudson. Over the years this department store business grew to 22 stores located in several states. Pictured above are the Orangeburg store employees around 1966. In front are members of their management team. Left to right ared E.O. Hudson, E.O. Hudson Jr. and A.L. “Red” Brewington.