First Presbyterian Church, late 1800s. The First Presbyterian in Orangeburg was founded in 1835. The church building above was built in 1858 and was used until 1950. It was located on what is now Doyle Street where the Brodie, Summers, and Wilkes CPA office is now located. It fronted on Russell Street, but sat about 200 feet back from the street. The old Presbyterian Cemetery was located immediately behind the church and is still in existence today with the graves of many of Orangeburg’s leading citizens from the 1800s.