Moss Heights Parkway, circa 1930: The Moss Heights residential subdivision was started in 1922 by brothers Carroll Summers and J. West Summers Sr. on their old family farm, known as the old Moss farm. It was located between Broughton Street and Columbia Road. This oval-shaped park, begun around 1930, as seen here, is on Moss Avenue between Carolina Avenue and Dantzler Avenue. It was known as the “Parkway” and was used by the neighborhood children for their football, softball and baseball games for many years.