COLUMBIA — The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division, in conjunction with the Junior Service League of Orangeburg, is sponsoring its annual Cinderella Project, which provides gently worn formal, bridesmaid and prom dresses for young women who lack the financial resources to buy a gown for their high school prom.
Clean dresses in all sizes, as well as evening bags, jewelry and other accessories, are needed. Donations are being accepted until Friday, Feb. 15, and can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Avinger Law Firm, 8829 Old Number Six Highway, Santee.
- Claflin University Counseling Center, 400 Magnolia St., Office 111, Orangeburg.
- Jeffries Law Firm, 1031 Middleton St., Orangeburg.
- Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, 155 Riverside Drive, Orangeburg.
- The Regional Medical Center Canteen, 3000 St. Matthews Road, Orangeburg.
A boutique will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 1980 Columbia Road, Orangeburg, to give the girls an opportunity to “shop” for dresses at no cost. Girls from all area schools are invited to attend and must bring their student ID.
For more information, visit scbar.org or contact Lakesha Jeffries at 803-531-6300 or email@example.com.