Statistics say that the fall wedding season is gaining in popularity. According to The Knot, 2015 figures showed a real shift from summer to fall weddings.
About 39 percent of couples recited their vows in autumn, a full six percentage points more than summer-season nuptials.
Dig into more wedding statistics below from The Knot’s Real Wedding Study and let them inspire you to wed in the fall.
Top 2015 wedding statistics
• 39 percent of couples got married during the fall season in 2015.
• In 2015, only 33 percent of couples opted for summer nuptials, down from 39 percent in 2014.
• Average wedding cost (excludes honeymoon): $32,641 (up from $31,213 in 2014)
• Most expensive place to get married: Manhattan, $82,299 average spend
• Least expensive place to get married: Alaska, $17,361 average spend
• Average spent on a wedding dress: $1,469
• Average price of wedding cake: $575
• Average cost of invitations: $445
Bride and groom info
• Average marrying age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
• Average number of guests: 139
• Average number of bridesmaids: 5
• Average number of groomsmen: 5
By the month
• Most popular month to get engaged: December (16percent)
• Average length of engagement: 14.5 months
• Most popular month to get married: October (17 percent) and September (15 percent)
• Popular wedding colors: ivory/white (47 percent), blue (39 percent), pink (30 percent), metallics (34 percent), purple (21percent)
About the weddings
• Percentage of destination weddings: 21 percent (down from 24 percent in 2014)
• 22 percent of weddings have a theme reflecting the couple’s personalities
• Wedding planners are also becoming an integral part of the wedding planning process, with 26 percent of couples hiring a planning professional in 2015 (up from 19 percent in 2010).
• Professional DJs are also on the rise with 66 percent of couples hiring one (up from 61 percent in 2010).
• On average, the bride’s parents contribute 44 percent of the overall wedding budget, the bride and groom contribute 43 percent, and the groom’s parents contribute 12percent (others account for the remaining 1 percent).