Winners in the 2017 Orangeburg County Fair Horticultural and Floral Department competitions are:
- Patricia Mills of Gaston received 8 first-place awards, 1 second-place and 1 third-place.
- Mildred Cook of Cordova received 34 first-place awards, 11 second-place, 2 third-place, 1 Merit and 1 Sweepstakes.
- Dianna Todd received 16 first-place and 10 second-place awards.
- Lee and Gus Riley received 12 first-place awards, 10 second-place and 1 third-place.
- Candace Tussey received 5 first-place, 1 second-place and 2 Merit awards and 1 Award of Excellence.
- Wanda Boltin received 19 first-place, 17 second-place and 6 third-place awards and 1 Merit award.
- Grace Todd received 12 first-place, 12 second-place and 2 third-place awards.
- Alva Leviner received 3 first-place awards.
- Susan Berry received 1 first-place award.
- Tonya Branham of Branchville received 1 first-place award and 1 Merit Award.
- Kinsley Freeman of Bowman received 3 first-place and 3 second-place awards.
- Hannah Todd of Mount Pleasant received 17 first-place, 10 second-place and 2 third-place awards.
- First place -- Hoe n' Hope Garden Club
- Second place -- Dogwood Garden Club
- Third place -- The Palmetto Gardeners
Anyone interested in joining or starting a garden club is asked to contact Shirley Dibble at 803-534-7343 or Fredia Earley at 803-534-6919.